11 Jun 2016 CEO Honoured
Calon Cardio, the leader in next-generation devices for heart failure, is delighted to announce that its Chief Executive Officer, Simon Cartmell has been made an Officer of the British Empire (OBE) for services to the Healthcare Industry in the Queen’s Birthday Honours.
Simon Cartmell commented “I am delighted to receive this entirely unexpected honour. It is a reflection of the dynamism of the medical device start-up and venture backed community that I work in and as such is a tribute to the endeavours of all the entrepreneurs, technical, clinical and commercial people I have had the pleasure to work with in the past 15 years of my career.”
For more information, contact Simon Cartmell, Chief Executive Officer, on +44 (0)1792 602811.
Disclaimer: Calon Cardio’s VAD devices are not available for sale, including in the United States of America
- 9th Dec: What's it like to live with a mechanical heart pump?
- 24th Jun: UK's first heart pump targets 2018 clinical trial
- 11th Oct: Stuart McConchie appointed CEO, Board changes
- 11th Jun: CEO Honoured
- 22nd Nov: Calon wins 2015 Frost & Sullivan Innovation Award
- 28th Jul: Calon completes Series B round with new investors
- 29th Nov: US patent granted
- 29th Nov: Calon to present technical update at 8th EUMS
- 14th Mar: Calon wins TSB Biomedical Catalyst Award
- 15th Nov: Calon to present MiniVAD performance data at 7th EUMS meeting
- 3rd Sep: Calon to present MinVAD update at 20th Congress of the ISRBP, Istanbul
- 18th Mar: Calon Cardio-Technology appoints Simon Cartmell
- 23rd Feb: Calon Cardio-Technology, Series B funding
- 17th Jan: Calon Cardio-Technology relocates to ILS2