09 Dec 2011 MediWales Industry Judges Award
Calon Cardio-Technology Limited wins Industry Judges Award for outstanding contribution to the Life Science Sector at MediWales Innovation Awards Dinner.
Calon is delighted to announce that it received the Industries Judges Prize for outstanding contribution to the life Science Sector at the MediWales Innovations Award Dinner held in Cardiff on 8th December 2011.
Receiving the award on behalf of Calon, Technical Director, Graham Foster said “This award recognises the tremendous design innovation that we have brought to the LVAD pump arena. As an early stage company we are determined not only to develop a better, more affordable pump but also to provide confidence to potential patients and surgeons that we are able to address their underlying chronic heart failure with state of the art novel technology.”
Handing the award to the Company, Sue Bale of the Aueurin Bevan Health Board said “ Calon is exactly the type of company we are seeking to encourage in South Wales –merging the disciplines from our traditional industries with an understanding of biology and medicine to address serious clinical challenges”
For more information, contact Kevin Fernquest, Managing Director, Calon Cardio- Technologies, 01792 602861
Disclaimer: Calon Cardio’s VAD devices are not available for sale, including in the United States of America
- 9th Dec: What's it like to live with a mechanical heart pump?
- 24th Jun: UK's first heart pump targets 2018 clinical trial
- 11th Oct: Stuart McConchie appointed CEO, Board changes
- 11th Jun: CEO Honoured
- 22nd Nov: Calon wins 2015 Frost & Sullivan Innovation Award
- 28th Jul: Calon completes Series B round with new investors
- 29th Nov: US patent granted
- 29th Nov: Calon to present technical update at 8th EUMS
- 14th Mar: Calon wins TSB Biomedical Catalyst Award
- 15th Nov: Calon to present MiniVAD performance data at 7th EUMS meeting
- 3rd Sep: Calon to present MinVAD update at 20th Congress of the ISRBP, Istanbul
- 18th Mar: Calon Cardio-Technology appoints Simon Cartmell
- 23rd Feb: Calon Cardio-Technology, Series B funding
- 17th Jan: Calon Cardio-Technology relocates to ILS2