17 Jan 2012 Calon Cardio-Technology relocates to ILS2
Calon Cardio-Technology, the innovative LVAD pump company, today announces its relocation to the new state of the art Institute of Life Sciences (ILS2) facility. Recently completed at a cost of £28.2m, the ILS2 is located on the Swansea University Singleton Park campus, strategically placed between the College of Medicine and Singleton Hospital. A bespoke 6000 square metre building, the ILS2 brings together all aspects of laboratory, clinical research, office and meeting space, and houses an Imaging Suite, the Centre for Health Information, Research and Evaluation (CHIRAL) and the Centre for NanoHealth. It also provides an extended range of fully operational business incubation units into which Calon have moved.
Kevin Fernquest, Managing Director of Calon complimented the ILS saying “the location and the quality of the facility are first class, providing access to the engineering, design, analytical, electronic and medical skills we require to be successful and additionally provides sufficient space for Calon to expand as and when we require it”.
For more information, contact Kevin Fernquest, Managing Director, Calon Cardio- Technologies, 01792 602861
Disclaimer: Calon Cardio’s VAD devices are not available for sale, including in the United States of America
- 9th Dec: What's it like to live with a mechanical heart pump?
- 24th Jun: UK's first heart pump targets 2018 clinical trial
- 11th Oct: Stuart McConchie appointed CEO, Board changes
- 11th Jun: CEO Honoured
- 22nd Nov: Calon wins 2015 Frost & Sullivan Innovation Award
- 28th Jul: Calon completes Series B round with new investors
- 29th Nov: US patent granted
- 29th Nov: Calon to present technical update at 8th EUMS
- 14th Mar: Calon wins TSB Biomedical Catalyst Award
- 15th Nov: Calon to present MiniVAD performance data at 7th EUMS meeting
- 3rd Sep: Calon to present MinVAD update at 20th Congress of the ISRBP, Istanbul
- 18th Mar: Calon Cardio-Technology appoints Simon Cartmell
- 23rd Feb: Calon Cardio-Technology, Series B funding
- 17th Jan: Calon Cardio-Technology relocates to ILS2