23 Feb 2012 Calon Cardio-Technology, Series B funding
Calon, the innovative LVAD pump company, today announces the closing of a £1.5m Series B round that will provide sufficient funding to conduct in-vivo testing of its lead product, the MiniVADtm during 2012. The round was lead by Longbow and co-investor Finance Wales.
Commenting on the closure of the funding round, Chairman Prof Marc Clement said “we are delighted to have secured this funding to allow us to drive the company forward and move to an important proof of concept point during 2012, plan further studies in 2013 with confidence, develop the core technology to a point where we are confident that we can meet the goals we set for ourselves when we founded the company and of course, strengthen the team. We are delighted to have Longbow and Finance Wales as funding partners who can support us in the long term.
Richard Thompson, Investment Director of Finance Wales said “Calon is exactly the type of company we should support. Innovative engineering applied to a difficult, growing medical challenge. We look forward to supporting Calon in the pursuit of their goals.”
Similarly Ron Petersen, Investment Director of Longbow said “We have several other investments in the South Wales area and are confident this will be at least as successful as those ventures. I look forward to joining the Board on behalf of Longbow and to helping shape Calon’s destiny’
For more information, contact Prof Marc Clement, Chairman, Calon Cardio-Technology, on 01792 602811
Disclaimer: Calon Cardio’s VAD devices are not available for sale, including in the United States of America
- 9th Dec: What's it like to live with a mechanical heart pump?
- 24th Jun: UK's first heart pump targets 2018 clinical trial
- 11th Oct: Stuart McConchie appointed CEO, Board changes
- 11th Jun: CEO Honoured
- 22nd Nov: Calon wins 2015 Frost & Sullivan Innovation Award
- 28th Jul: Calon completes Series B round with new investors
- 29th Nov: US patent granted
- 29th Nov: Calon to present technical update at 8th EUMS
- 14th Mar: Calon wins TSB Biomedical Catalyst Award
- 15th Nov: Calon to present MiniVAD performance data at 7th EUMS meeting
- 3rd Sep: Calon to present MinVAD update at 20th Congress of the ISRBP, Istanbul
- 18th Mar: Calon Cardio-Technology appoints Simon Cartmell
- 23rd Feb: Calon Cardio-Technology, Series B funding
- 17th Jan: Calon Cardio-Technology relocates to ILS2