18 Mar 2012 Calon Cardio-Technology appoints Simon Cartmell
Calon, the innovative LVAD company, today announces the appointment of Simon Cartmell as Chief Executive Officer.
Prof Marc Clement, Chairman, said "we are delighted that Simon has joined Calon to lead us through the next stage of our development. As a seasoned medical technology entrepreneur with a proven record of building start up UK companies to become successful global leaders in their field and delivering tremendous value for shareholders, Simon brings a wealth of relevant experience to Calon as it embarks on taking its novel LVAD technology into pivotal studies this year".
Simon Cartmell joins Calon after driving the development of ApaTech, a world leading bone grafting from 2003 until its sale to Baxter International Inc in March 2010 for $330m. He commented "since leaving ApaTech I have been seeking a similar opportunity - an early stage UK company with really exciting technology that, if developed properly and funded well, will be able to bring significant benefits to patients and the healthcare providers and payers who support them. I believe in Calon I have found such a company."
Calon has recently completed a Series B fundraising backed by Finance Wales and Longbow and has relocated to the state of the art Institute of Life Sciences, part of the College of Medicine on Swansea University.
For more information, contact Prof Marc Clement, Chairman, Calon Cardio-Technology, on 01792 602811
Disclaimer: Calon Cardio’s VAD devices are not available for sale, including in the United States of America
- 9th Dec: What's it like to live with a mechanical heart pump?
- 24th Jun: UK's first heart pump targets 2018 clinical trial
- 11th Oct: Stuart McConchie appointed CEO, Board changes
- 11th Jun: CEO Honoured
- 22nd Nov: Calon wins 2015 Frost & Sullivan Innovation Award
- 28th Jul: Calon completes Series B round with new investors
- 29th Nov: US patent granted
- 29th Nov: Calon to present technical update at 8th EUMS
- 14th Mar: Calon wins TSB Biomedical Catalyst Award
- 15th Nov: Calon to present MiniVAD performance data at 7th EUMS meeting
- 3rd Sep: Calon to present MinVAD update at 20th Congress of the ISRBP, Istanbul
- 18th Mar: Calon Cardio-Technology appoints Simon Cartmell
- 23rd Feb: Calon Cardio-Technology, Series B funding
- 17th Jan: Calon Cardio-Technology relocates to ILS2