03 Sep 2012 Calon to present MinVAD update at 20th Congress of the ISRBP, Istanbul
Calon, is delighted to announce that it has been invited to provide an update on its innovative Ventricular Assist Device, MiniVAD, at the forthcoming International Society of Rotary Blood Pumps conference in Istanbul on 22nd September. In addition Calon will publish a poster on bearing design, a crucial aspect of VAD performance and a key contributor to blood damage.
Calon’s collaborator on blood damage assay development, Swansea University, will present a paper on a novel cytometric method for measuring damage to Leukocytes (white blood cells) that can be caused by blood pumps, a fundamental means of measuring in vitro pump performance.
Graham Foster, CTO commented “It is very rewarding to present an update on our work to this prestigious meeting and to have our efforts to properly assess the impact of rotary blood pumps on whole blood function recognised by the scientific and medical community.”
For more information contact Dr. Graham Foster, Chief Technology Officer, on +44 (0)1792 602811
Disclaimer: Calon Cardio’s VAD devices are not available for sale, including in the United States of America
- 9th Dec: What's it like to live with a mechanical heart pump?
- 24th Jun: UK's first heart pump targets 2018 clinical trial
- 11th Oct: Stuart McConchie appointed CEO, Board changes
- 11th Jun: CEO Honoured
- 22nd Nov: Calon wins 2015 Frost & Sullivan Innovation Award
- 28th Jul: Calon completes Series B round with new investors
- 29th Nov: US patent granted
- 29th Nov: Calon to present technical update at 8th EUMS
- 14th Mar: Calon wins TSB Biomedical Catalyst Award
- 15th Nov: Calon to present MiniVAD performance data at 7th EUMS meeting
- 3rd Sep: Calon to present MinVAD update at 20th Congress of the ISRBP, Istanbul
- 18th Mar: Calon Cardio-Technology appoints Simon Cartmell
- 23rd Feb: Calon Cardio-Technology, Series B funding
- 17th Jan: Calon Cardio-Technology relocates to ILS2